The restoration of carriage A 1328 has continued apace over summer, boosted by the donation of a complete set of replacement window lights. Once the windows have been fitted there are just a few key tasks to complete, including fitting a set of seats, further mechanical and commissioning checks. The Trust plans to have the carriage in operation at its regular monthly Operating Days in mid-2022.
Grateful thanks to:
- Henley Mens Shed (Masterton) for offering to work on internal wall panels
- Maymorn Joiners Limited for the full set of replacement windows
- Rimutaka Trust / Trust House for funding the transport of the carriage from Feilding to Maymorn.
The 50-foot long timber-clad carriage was built at New Zealand Government Railways Newmarket Workshops in 1913 and arrived at Maymorn on 10 July 2020.