Skip to main content


The Rimutaka Incline Railway Heritage Trust is always keen to hear feedback from its customers and the community and to listen when we have not done so well.

Who can make a complaint?

Any person or organisation that has had contact with the Trust can make a complaint.

How to lodge a complaint

Often issues can be cleared up by raising them informally with the people involved. In many instances your concerns can be resolved through informal discussion.

If you wish to make a formal complaint to the Trust, please put your complaint in writing and address it to:

Rimutaka Incline Railway Heritage Trust
247A Parkes Line Road
Upper Hutt 5011.

As much information as possible needs to be included so that an appropriate response can be made.
Please include:

  • Your name and contact details
  • A detailed description of the matter being reported
  • Date, time and location of the incident
  • Any identifying details
  • Where appropriate, the names or description of people involved
  • Where appropriate, the names of Trustees or Trust members involved
  • The details of any witnesses, supporting documentation or other relevant information
  • Suggested remedial action (if considered appropriate).

Review procedure

Your complaint will be acknowledged in writing within 20 working days of receipt.

The complaint will be reviewed and investigated by the Trust Board, and a decision made on the appropriate course of action.

If the complaint involves another person, we may forward the complaint and any supporting documentation to that person for comment.

You will be kept informed of the decision in writing.