- 2003: BERL Economic Feasibility Assessment: 2003
- July 2005: Licence to occupy secured for much of the Maymorn railway station yards
- April 2008: Resource Consent gained for a full range of railway and tourist activities at the Maymorn site
- June 2009: Rail licence issued to the Trust from NZ Transport Agency as a railway operator and rail network access provider.
- 2008-2011: Construction of an 80m x 10m rail vehicle shed at Maymorn, providing storage, maintenance and workshop facilities. External shell completed in 2011. Funded by NZ Lottery Grants Board, Rimutaka Charitable Trust, The Community Trust of Wellington, Pelorus Trust and other grants and donations, designed, project managed and majority of the build undertaken by skilled volunteers.
- 2009-2011: Track formation excavated for the length of the Maymorn yard, mainline track built
- 2005-2011: Rail vehicle fleet of 8 carriages, 20 wagons, 3 steam locomotives and 1 diesel shunt locomotive on site at Maymorn.
- 2003-2011: Assets to capital value of $472,000 – buildings and facilities at Maymorn will be valued once completed, anticipated value in excess of $1million.